Caroline Fernandez is the busy mom of three children (aged 5-15) and creator of Parent Club. As a popular family blogger, Canadian author, and freelance writer – Caroline specializes in family and lifestyle features.
Watch on You Tube: Springs Rolls with Ground Pork
This Spring Rolls with Ground Pork recipe could be used either for a finger foods dinner or as guest-worthy appetizers. Minutes to make – you will want to try these…
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 package ground pork
- 1 package rice noodles
- 1 package rice paper
- 1 cucumber sliced into sticks
- 1 carrot sliced into sticks
- Hoisin sauce
- Optional: red pepper thinly sliced
- Brown ground pork over medium heat until completely browned (3-5 minutes).
- Boil kettle. Put rice noodles in pot. Pour 3/4 of the hot water over noodles. Put lid on pot. Do not remove lid for 3 minutes.
- Pour remaining hot water into a clear (cold) frying pan. Drain noodles after 3 minutes. To soften rice paper as you make these Spring Rolls – gently submerge a sheet of rice paper into the warm water in the frying pan – leave for 15-20 seconds. This will soften the rice paper.
- On a plate (or platter) place a softened sheet of rice paper.
- Towards the bottom of the rice paper (the end closest to you) place one spoonful* of rice noodles.
- Next, layer on one spoonful of ground pork.
- Layer on Hoisin sauce (about 3 big drops).
- Next, layer on sliced cucumbers and sliced carrots.
- Fold the bottom end up.
- Fold the left and right sides in.
- Then continue to roll upwards.
- Place seam side down.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
*spoonful = not too much/not too little.